Hodenpyle Pond Waterfall Directions
*Directions to waterfall along Manistee River - A beautiful Walk/Hike
(This area is not easily manuevered by the handicap or those who may have a hard time on uneven ground.)
1) Take M-55 west out of Cadillac. Travel about 17.5 miles.
2) Turn north onto M-37. Travel about 7 miles.
3) Head west on East 30 Rd, just off M-37 in Harrietta.
4) After 3 miles, turn north onto county line Rd/ S.1 Rd.
5) Drive 1.2 miles and you will cross a small bridge.
6) Travel 1.3 more miles and you will come to a two-track on the west side of the road.(Sandy route, may need 4 wheel drive) or walk to the gate, about ½ mile.
7) Park at gate, small parking area.
8) Walk the two-track (about 200 yards) and you will reach the Manistee River.
9) You will hear the sound of running water to the north…but this is not the waterfall!!. Only a ravine run-off.
Be sure to follow the trail south along the river, leaving the two track. You will now cross a couple small wooden bridges. (really pretty photo ops). The 7-8 foot waterfall is on a small creek running into the Manistee River where another bridge crosses this creek from which you can view the falls and see the small sign with waterfall information.