While snowmobiling, downhill skiing, snowboarding, and year-around fishing are Cadillac's best known recreational winter pursuits... winter enthusiasts are not restricted to the formal constraints of most resort areas. Cross-country skiing, treking, snowshoeing, hunting, photographic quests, and camping adventures in this area rival any in the country. During winter we offer over 200 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, 34 downhill ski runs with over 485 feet of vertical drop, over 60 miles of cross-country ski and snow shoe trails, and several acres of frozen lakes for ice fishing. We have activities throughout the winter to keep busy... Coyote Youth SnoCross Cup, North American Snow Festival, MDNR Free Fishing weekend, Caberfae Ski Resort, make sure to check out the time frame on the Festivals & Events page as well.
- Skiing & Snowboarding at Caberfae on their NEW 1561' Vista Triple Chair & Back Country terrain
- Snowmobiling in the National Forest on over 200 miles of trails
- Cross Country Skiing on four area trail systems with a combined 120 miles of groomed trails
- Snowshoeing cross country and on the NEW Cadilac Pathway Winter Sports Trail
- Ice Fishing on area lakes like Cadillac, Mitchell and Missaukee, go to the MDNR Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing museum at the Canal and stop at Pilgrim Village
- Hunting in the greater Cadilac area is plentiful. The seasons run back to back year around, check here for easy links to MDNR sites and area tidbits